Friday, June 4, 2010

Biscayne National Park


Biscayne National Park - Homestead, FL - is famous because ~90% of the park is not visible from land. In my opinion, for one to truely appreciate the park beauty, they need to either reef snorkel or scuba. From reading all the articles regarding biscayne and being a fanatic about national park and underwater, I set out to visit Biscayne last month, May'10. The vast turquois open space with a ocean breeze was stunning; but...
Inspired by it underwater beauty, I make a reservation with Biscayne Underwater for reef snorkel. Nonetheless, after check-in and everything is set, I was told that the condition was not optimal for reef we have to do a bay snorkel. They informed that the bay have wreck and fish with some brain corals. When my friends and I get there, it was a major disappointment. The water was only about knee to shoulder high. Wreck was a canoe, fishes were very small and lack in diversity, brain coral was tiny and very sparingly. So, DON'T do bay snorkel, it does not worth your time and money.
I love national park, love the vast open ocean, and would still love to come back to BNP. This time, however, I will either snorkel or scuba out on the reef only.

No comments:

Post a Comment